The gutter system is an essential part of your home and roof. When it does its job correctly, it drains water away from your roof and home to prevent potential damage.
When your gutters are filled with leaves and other debris, however, they can’t do their job, and you risk damage to your home and roof. That’s why it’s essential to keep your gutters clean, which can be a time-consuming, dangerous task.
But thanks to Gutter Helmet, keeping your gutters clean has never been easier.
1. What is Gutter Helmet?
Gutter Helmet is a gutter protection system unlike any other. It fits over your existing gutters to keep them clear of debris such as leaves, pine needles, twigs, etc.
2. How does Gutter Helmet Work?
Gutter Helmet’s unique design guarantees that you’ll never have to clean your gutters again or have to worry about backed up water and runoff damaging your home’s structure and your landscape.
Specifically, Gutter Helmet uses non-vertical slits, a nose-forward design, and the power of rainwater surface attention to keep debris from clogging your gutter. It allows for a smooth, natural flow of water that helps keep your roof and home free from water damage.
As its name suggests, Gutter Helmet looks like a covering – or “helmet” that fits over your gutters. It fits seamlessly with your shingles and gutter design and has a streamlined look that enhances your home’s overall appearance.
3. Why Gutter Helmet Makes Your Life Easier
Anyone who’s cleaned their roof’s gutters knows how tedious, time-consuming, and messy of a job it can be. With Gutter Helmet, you can say goodbye to those days of climbing a ladder and cleaning your gutter of debris. Instead, the system prevents debris from accumulating at all and eases your worries about potentially costly water damage.
Even the best roof can fail or wear out too quickly if the water backs up behind gutters or collects between your wall and causes interior and exterior damage. Excessive damage can lead to roof replacement when regular repair and maintenance is no longer effective.
4. The Benefits of a Gutter Helmet
Gutter Helmet has a number of benefits, including these:
- It prevents clogged gutters – Gutters serve to collect rain and lead water away from a home’s roof and exterior. But the collection of natural debris can clog gutters, and if they aren’t cleaned regularly will cause damage that’s often costly and extensive.
- It prevents rainwater from building up – Rainwater will leak into your roof when it builds up due to clogged gutters. The weight of it can even damage your gutters.
- It protects against fire damage – The debris clogging your gutters is often flammable. You won’t have to worry about this issue with Gutter Helmet.
- It prevents interior water damage – Gutter Helmet prevents water leaks from dripping down your walls and helps prevent leaking ceilings.
- It protects against various other types of damage – Clogged gutters can lead to many other problems, such as mold growth, sagging gutters, a wet basement, landscape erosion, foundation problems, and even serve as a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- It preserves your home’s value – Gutter Helmet’s system helps preserve and extend the lifespan of your roof and also keeps your foundation strong and dry. In turn, your home’s exterior remains intact and stain-free, while preserving and even enhancing your home’s value.
5. Advantages of Gutter Helmet
One of the many advantages of a Gutter Helmet system is that it can be installed over existing gutters or serve as a new system. It can withstand extreme weather conditions, including heavy rain and snowfall.
A trained, professional roofing contractor can install Gutter Helmet in a matter of hours. Once Gutter Helmet is installed, you won’t have to worry about cleaning your gutters ever again.
6. Can I Customize it?
Another benefit of Gutter Helmet is that it’s available in a variety of color which makes it easy to choose a system that matches your home’s exterior. It also comes with customized brackets that better fit your home and reinforces its gutters.
7. What Kind of Maintenance is Required?
Installing a Gutter Helmet on your home’s gutters means you won’t have to worry about cleaning your gutters again, or paying someone to do it for you. Another plus is that it comes with a triple lifetime warranty; you don’t have to worry about spending money to repair your Gutter Helmet system should something happen to it.
With heavy-duty mounting brackets and a PermaLife finish, it will last a long, long time.