Here are a few benefits to be had from EPDM and FiberTite roofing:
- Made from recycled materials, rubber roofing options are environmentally friendly.
- Reflects heat, so cooling costs can be lessened in the summer
- Insulates well, so heating costs can also be decreased in winter
- Inexpensive materials and initial installation
- Repairs can be fixed very easily and at low-cost
- Rubber shingles are available in many different colors and textures
As with other types of roofing, regular inspections are needed on your membrane roof. Particular attention needs to be given to the following list of common membrane roof issues:
- Leaks can be sometimes hard to find during the repair process, so close inspection is required
- Pipes, chimneys, and HVAC units pose a threat of leaks and may have to be resealed over time
- An inspection will help determine the Membrane Roof’s overall condition.